Hive Active Plug
The Hive Active Plug allows on and off control of home electrical appliances from mobiles, tablets or laptops. Requires Hive Hub or Hive Active Heating.
- Use with any home electrical devices up to 13 Amps and 3kW that have a plug
- Easy to install
- Once installed customers can manage the plug remotely from their smartphone, tablet or laptop using the following features:
- – Check status on/off
- – Switch devices on/off remotely
- – Schedule up to 6 on/off time slots a day
- Maximum flexibility with the ability to also turn the plug on and off manually using the button on the front
What you can do with it?
Don’t let an iron ruin a night out. With Hive Active
Plug simply turn it off from your smartphone.
On holiday but don’t want to broadcast it?
With Hive Active Plug schedule your bedroom lamp
to come on to make your place look lived in.
Make your coffee instant. With Hive Active Plug
click on your kettle from under the covers, so it’s
ready when you are.
Friends arriving five minutes after you? With Hive
Active Plug get dinner in the slow cooker in the
morning then turn it on from work. Voila.
What you’ll need
- The Hive Hub.
- For the Hive app you’ll need an Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 9 or higher) or a device running Android (min 4.4).
- Laptop or tablet with internet access and an up-to-date web browser (we recommend minimum: Microsoft Edge or the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari).
- Hive is a British Gas innovation, but you don’t need to be a British Gas customer to buy the Hive products