Smith's Hydroflame - Classic Freestanding Dual - Chrome
Flame effect hydronic/electric Fan Convector Fire
The Smith's Hydroflae Freestanding Dual in chrome has a real life flame effect but is actually run off the central heating system. It is ideal for young childen and elders due to the lack of hot surfaces.
Hot water from the central heating system passes through a heat exchanger and transfers its heat to the aluminium fins. Cooler air is drawn in at floor level and used to create the flame-effect. The air is heated as it passes over the heat exchanger and then expelled gently back into the room.
Flame-effect fan convectors are energy efficient and will add less than £10.00 to your annual heating bill. Independent tests show that fan convectors are at least 24% more energy efficient than a panel radiator in heating up a room.
- Heat Output Hydronic: 5100 Btu/h, 1500 Watts.
- Heat Output Electric: 1500 Watts
- Connects like a radiator, look like a fire
- Connects to and runs from your central heating system
- Supplementary electric heating element
- Safe – no live flames, hot coals or elements
- Minimal running costs – less than £10 per annum
- Built in room thermostat
- 5 Year Parts and Labour Warranty
- No flue required
- Fits on any wall
- Minimal running costs
- No costly annual servicing
- Low surface temperatures
- No special ventilation required
- Inset model designed for a recess 400mm x 550mm high
- Unit must be earthed
- Suitable for two-pipe central heating systems only
- Surface temperature of the casing complies with the safety requirement DHSS DN4
- Three rocker switches: normal/off/boost, hydronic/electric, flame-effect on/flame effect off